06 March 2006

socks socks socks




ok, so my chronic illness has been bad lately, as has my work schedule, so my wyvern socks are going slowly. i'm already working on the cuff, though, and i've still got a LOT of yarn left. i need to decide whether to make these knee socks (in order to use up all the yummy lorna's laces yarn) or to find another project for the remainder of the yarn. i will NOT let this stuff sit around unused! it's too soft and lovely! ideas, anyone? i don't think there'll be enough for another pair of socks. any suggestions would be welcomed. anyway, here are the socks so far. obviously the top is patterned and the bottom is plain. i did the toe and heel in stockinette, with 2x2 rib in between to hug my high arches better. they feel fantastic on my feet!

2 comments:

K2 Knits said...

Your socks look fantastic! Life has been so crazy here that I have done almost NO knitting. *pout* Hopefully I'll have something to post after Spring break...(I'm trekking to Mississippi with 13 students for their "Alternative Spring Break", which is no break for me at all.)

K2 Knits said...

I think we've got a sock knitting theme going here! Oh, how I <3 the knitting of socks...