03 December 2006

Soooo Behind!

Oh Kate,
I am NEVER going to finish even half of my knitted presents! Good grief. I guess planning a heavy knitting load during a move to a new city and a job search is a bad idea. Who would have thought? ;) I'll finish the shawl for my aunt Pat and the socks for Dan's mom, but that's probably it. I have some pics of those things and stuff I've been working on, but of course I forgot my camera at home. *sigh* Soon there will be pics. Really. I swear. ;)

Your stuff looks fantastic! You've been knitting up a storm and I'm totally impressed with everything. :) I hope your sister likes those socks... It's hard to imagine someone not liking handknit socks, but they probably exist. I just bought some yarn to make Dan some boyfriend socks (months from now, of course, when I have all the rest of the knitting done!) - some lorna's laces (yum!) in baltic sea. I <3 sock knitting. Your piratey argyle ones are so cute! And I can't wait to see your holly shawl all finished - I bet it'll be gorgeous! What yarn are you using?

Ok, back to the job search. Wish me luck! I'm going to check out local churches now and see if anyone needs a secretary. Woo!

I miss you!

*big hugs and love*
kristen

1 comment:

K2 Knits said...

If I were you I'd be started on the boyfriend socks already, it's an amazing pattern! I'm so glad to hear from you and find out that you are doing well. :) I hope your job search is successful and that you find time to have fun in the midst of it all. A few weeks ago I joined a blog conversation for young female clergy. It's a closed community and I keep thinking you should be a part of the discussion. Hopefully the way will be made clear. I already value you as a colleauge!