24 April 2006

Happy Monday afternoon Miss K!

I wonder if the people who read this believe that we are the same person with a rather split but similar personality? Maybe we should start using our names...?

Knitting is mostly good. I've lost a bit of my enthusiasm and thus the rabid must knit at all times woman has checked out, but I'm still doing pretty well on the wedding afghan front.




Okay, so maybe not that well considering that Maggie insists on sleeping under an afghan that is not in progress... Which means that I can't work on it when she is in cuddle mode. (Apologies for the sideways photo. I can't seem to make my photo editing software work.)


In other news - and with another sideways photo. Si and I have been on a little diet (mostly a healthy eating plan) and I finally fit into the spiffy J Crew sheepy pjs that my Mom bought me for Christmas. They are perfect for relaxed weekend knitting. And even better with toe socks. (Do not pay attention to the storebought socks. Replace them with handknit in your mind!)

Oooh, and finally, a chance to share my valentine's day pressie from Simon with you all. A FAB Lexie Barnes knitting bag in the Hermosa print. I absolutely <3 style="margin: 0px auto 10px; display: block; text-align: center; cursor: pointer;" src="http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3413/2285/320/LBarnes%20Interior.jpg" alt="" border="0">The interior is wonderful and spacious. (Seen here minus the usual wallet, cell phone and keys that I carry. They do fit comfortably in the bag, even with a large pair of sunglasses in their case.) There is easily room for two wound skeins of yarn and the sock which is my current travel project along with everything else.


And here is the exterior, posing with the sock which is my current travel project. It's a modified Whitby sock for Simon. He is one of the best recipients of my knitting because he treats it so well. The rather amazing rainbow socks that I made for him (rather amazing because the yarn initially looked like green with flecks of rainbow colors and turned into a true rainbow yet he still wears them) have recieved the royal treatment even if they are ugly as sin. He even gets all excited on hand knit sock days and takes great pains to make sure they are well cared for in between wears.
What a man!

Love,
K

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

some on down to the ball sister... teh more the merrier!

MsFortuknit said...

I so love that bag!